Boreal Climbing Shoes

Post here for all your gear questions, rants and raves. Ask about gear before you buy it and find out what others are using. NOTE: this forum is NOT for gear sales.

Drifter

Boreal Climbing Shoes

Postby Drifter » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:19 am

I bought a pair of Boreal climbing shoes which were made in Spain and I haved them resoled once. The shoes are four years old and there is nothing wrong with the tops of them therefore I find Boreal to be a good make of shoe so I don't understand how some people think Boreal is not a good make of shoe?

stillemans

Postby stillemans » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:39 am

I had a pair of Boreal Diabalos. The thing I hated about them was that die from the lining of the shoe discoloured my skin even after I had worn them out and had them resoled. I have friends who had the same problem with other models of Boreal (and different colour linings).

Marshall

Postby Marshall » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:53 am

from Boreal, I've only had Ninja s. They are super awesome shoes. the rubber is not so good.

Hann

Postby Hann » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:50 am

I’ve worn out Stingers, Bambas and Zen. All have had at least one resole.
I found the Stingers and Zen exceptionally comfortable, but I do have funny feet.
A bit pricy and yes, the rubber isn’t so sticky.

DBez

Postby DBez » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:04 am

Boreal shoes...well it used to be a bit not so sticky on the old ones , but the new Quattro rubber is really awesome . :)
If you resole your old ones with 5.10 rubber it'll make for a really cool combination . I got Zephyr's , Ace's , Stingers , new Zen's and a new pair of Stingma's waiting to touch rock . As for the dye coming off on your feet , I've seen La Sportiva Cliff's doing that . 8)

proze

Postby proze » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:15 am

Who says they're not a good shoe? Ten years ago they were pretty much all you could get over here! I have a pair of Lazers that are still excellent gym shoes and Stingers were fantastic provided you could get your feet into them! ;)

Rocrat

Postby Rocrat » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:32 pm

Must agree with you Proze....I've go a pair of Aces that are about 10 years old and been re-soled 3 times and they're still going strong! :)

Return to “Gear Questions & Reviews”