ARF Lower Silvermine

Let everyone know about any suspect/dodgy/misplaced bolts to be renewed or avoided.
Xenomorph

ARF Lower Silvermine

Post by Xenomorph » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:47 pm

ARF LOWER SILVERMINE

Hi all

Andy Davies has informed us that the 610 shiny new glue-in bolts have arrived for ARF phase II. Many thanks again to all who have donated towards purchasing these bolts. We want to get ARF phase II off to a good start so Malcolm Gowans and myself are organising an ARF meet at Lower Silvermine Crag. Please help by GIVING BACK to the climbing community by contributing with your time- no prior experience required, just enthusiasm!

When & Where: Lower Silvermine parking lot on the Saturday 7th July 9h00 (if the weather is bad, then Sunday 8th July)

Lifts may be organised if required! Pretty girls are very welcome – in fact Malcolm has promised to bolt without a shirt on.

Please let us know if you can attend so we can plan drills, bolts etc. We are especially looking for people with drills and bolting / chopping experience. You can email me: cormactooze at gmail dot com

Cheers
Cormac Tooze

Faffy001

Re: ARF LOWER SILVERMINE

Post by Faffy001 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

ooooooo... no shirt, I'm in! :mrgreen:

CraigBurden

Re: ARF Lower Silvermine

Post by CraigBurden » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:50 pm

I would love to, but I am in Oudtshoorn this weekend. I will be at the next meet!
I am really keen to bolt some routes :thumleft:
Climb for life!

Andy Davies

Post by Andy Davies » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:07 pm

So far there are only 6 volunteers including Cormac, Malcolm and myself :( Please can all you people help make this day a success my coming along to help. There is no need to be a hot shot bolter, we need belayers and people to remove the old bolts. This is a beginners crag so lets see all you beginners helping out with ARF. If you can help please contact Cormac at cormactoozeATgmailDOTcom
AndyDavies

CraigBurden

Post by CraigBurden » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Weather doesn't look fantastic, light rain from around 11am till 2pm. As long as that doesn't affect the epoxy in anyway I'm still keen :)
Climb for life!

Not

Post by Not » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:22 pm

I am coming and am recruiting like mad on a well know social network that has blue theme colours and steals worktime productivity.
I don't think, therefore I'm Not

Xenomorph

Post by Xenomorph » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks for the good response!
Weather not looking the best (light intermittent rain--> none) for tom, but we are pushing ahead regardless, just bring a rain jacket and enthusiasm!

Time has changed to 12:00

Please check the list below:

Kit List for ARF:
Helmet (if possible)
Belay device pref gri-gri or one that locks off easily
Rope, draws, harness, spare snap gates/ biners for clipping stuff + general climbing gear (if rained out you could still get a session in at the Mine :-))
Rain Jacket and pants if possible
Warm layer of clothing (including gloves and beanie - optional)
Sturdy and comfortable walking shoes/ lightweight boots with rubber sole that has good grip
Packed lunch and snacks
Water - about 2 liters/ day
17mm spanner (if possible)
Hammer on tether (if possible)
Whiskey (CEO request’s)
Flask with coffee / hot chocolate(CEO request’s)
Naughty girls should wear sexy underwear,please (CEO request’s)

Regards
ARF Team (Andy, Cormac & Malcolm)
Xenomorph wrote:ARF LOWER SILVERMINE

Hi all

Andy Davies has informed us that the 610 shiny new glue-in bolts have arrived for ARF phase II. Many thanks again to all who have donated towards purchasing these bolts. We want to get ARF phase II off to a good start so Malcolm Gowans and myself are organising an ARF meet at Lower Silvermine Crag. Please help by GIVING BACK to the climbing community by contributing with your time- no prior experience required, just enthusiasm!

When & Where: Lower Silvermine parking lot on the Saturday 7th July 9h00 (if the weather is bad, then Sunday 8th July)

Lifts may be organised if required! Pretty girls are very welcome – in fact Malcolm has promised to bolt without a shirt on.

Please let us know if you can attend so we can plan drills, bolts etc. We are especially looking for people with drills and bolting / chopping experience. You can email me: cormactooze at gmail dot com

Cheers
Cormac Tooze

Not

Post by Not » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Officially trained in the placement of chemical anchors. So the beta is: Blow the hole at least twice, and brush it at least twice. Now before you put your chemicals in the hole use your fingertip to make sure the hole is properly clean. Now you can place the nozzle of the gun to the bottom of the hole and start inserting the chemicals, slowly removing the nozzle as you do so.

Who knew being an Anchor Replacement Fund Volunteer could be so raunchy?
I don't think, therefore I'm Not

CraigBurden

Post by CraigBurden » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Not wrote:Officially trained in the placement of chemical anchors. So the beta is: Blow the hole at least twice, and brush it at least twice. Now before you put your chemicals in the hole use your fingertip to make sure the hole is properly clean. Now you can place the nozzle of the gun to the bottom of the hole and start inserting the chemicals, slowly removing the nozzle as you do so.

Who knew being an Anchor Replacement Fund Volunteer could be so raunchy?
Seems easy enough :)
Climb for life!

Funguye

Post by Funguye » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 pm

I got family visiting this whole week and weekend, but if this gets postponed to next weekend, please let me know and I am happy to help out. Really keen on learning this bolting first hand or belay bitch.
Strangers have the best candy!

CraigBurden

Post by CraigBurden » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:41 am

Funguye wrote:I got family visiting this whole week and weekend, but if this gets postponed to next weekend, please let me know and I am happy to help out. Really keen on learning this bolting first hand or belay bitch.
Dude, we did it yesterday! But we are thinking the next meet will be in a month or so
Climb for life!

Funguye

Post by Funguye » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Ye thank god I wasn't having sex, else I'd be a dad. I hope I can join next time, it's all part of my wicked plan of which the details will only become public knowledge in a catyclysmic event...muwhahaha
Strangers have the best candy!

Xenomorph

Post by Xenomorph » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Xenomorph wrote:ARF LOWER SILVERMINE

Hi all

Cheers
Cormac Tooze
ARF was a great success, thanks to all whom attended, well done!

4 and a bit routes were re-bolted, from 12:00 till just before closing at 18:00

I will write a short story for climbZA when I get a gap.

Cheers
Cormac, Malcolm and Andy

danglingdingle

Post by danglingdingle » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:11 pm

Just a Note!

While chopping bolts on Flakes, Serendipity and Rough Rider, a few of the old bolts didn't come off nicely.

We'll go back soon to get rid of all of them but if you are climbing there, just be sure to clip the nice shiny ancours and bolts.

Cheers

Kevin

Justin

Post by Justin » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za