ARF @ The Mine 29 Nov

Let everyone know about any suspect/dodgy/misplaced bolts to be renewed or avoided.
ClimbZA
Site Admin
Site Admin

ARF @ The Mine 29 Nov

Post by ClimbZA » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:03 am

Howzit all you brommas.....

ARF has done some good work and now we need to finish rebolting at the Mine. I will be leading a re-bolting meet on Sunday 29 November. We will be meeting at 12h00 at the crag. I don't want people to come along and sit around so if you are keen please send your name and list your area of expertise to ARF@climbing.co.za.
And if you can't make this one, Andy Davies says he will be organising another one in early 2010 at Lower Silvermine / Kleinmond.

If any of you yuppies with kids can't make it and feel guilty, I would also like to get some blokes in to clean up the path and road a bit. So feel free to help with job creation and pay for a day's labour.
Email ARF@climbing.co.za if you are keen.

Sean Maasch

-------------------

So Sean Maasch "Mellow" has kindly offered to organise an ARF meet for this Sunday, 29 Nov. We have had a response from the usual list of suspects and a few fresh faces as follows:

Bolters:
Sean Maasch
Andy Davies
Jimbo Smith
Jason T-Forbes
Douw Steyn

Bolt Choppers:
Trevor Smuts

Belayers & hot babes:
Beth Higgins

We do need more help people, especially with removing the old bolts. If you can wield a spanner and hacksaw you can definitely help us. And if you have ever clipped one of those schweet big ARF rings then you definitely should feel guilty if you are too damn lazy to come and help - its for a good cause: your safety! We have had 2 bolt failures at the Mine already, so don't think it will never happen.

If you are keen to join us please email me at andy.daviesATeskom. We will be meeting at 12h00 at the Mine.

Andy Davies
For Anchor Replacement Fund

JohnoGordon

Re: ARF @ The Mine 29 Nov

Post by JohnoGordon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:46 am

Ja Brommer Maasch....just roll up your sleeves & klap it! :afro:

Andy Davies

Post by Andy Davies » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:09 pm

Sean Maasch organised a very successful meet at The Mine yesterday. We managed to place 42 bolts and 9 lower-offs, while 30 old bolts were chopped. The latest ARF ticklist should be up on the ARF website (Justin?). Many thanks to the following who attended:

Sean Maasch
Andy Davies
Jimbo Smith
Zoe Duby
Douw Steyn
Jason Temple-Forbes
Nadine Methner
Ben Bohm
Fransie Buhrman
Marion Pelsner
Adam Roff
Trevor Smuts
Tyrone Chan
Nicole Van Rooyen
Guy Paterson-Jones
Alan Davie

Special moments were: Sean drukking his Ryobi beast, Douw Steyn taking an hour to drill 2 bolts (maybe its was a reach problem? :lol: ), Adam's special relationship with some rusty chains on top of Fantasia, Jimbo running up Chocolate Mousse (30/31) between drilling routes and 14 year old Guy Paterson-Jones sending Red Guitar :thumleft: .

Andy Davies
Anchor Replacement Fund
AndyDavies

faarizamar

Post by faarizamar » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:34 am

What size washer and what tool would i need. Im going up again on Saturday so ill do my best to sort it out BUT i will need advice on how.