Hangers missing on route at Paarl Rocks

Let everyone know about any suspect/dodgy/misplaced bolts to be renewed or avoided.

Hangers missing on route at Paarl Rocks

Postby SNORT » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:07 am

2 Hangers have been removed from a route at Paarl Rocks on the route to the left of the German route. This resulted in a run out of at least 5m and a fall would have caused injury to me. I managed to climb through this part without falling but there are tricky moves on friable rock. The hangers seemed to have been removed to use on new bolts placed higher up.

If you felt compelled to do something like this why two in a
row? This is really dangerous on that route and not obvious from below. When I got to the hangers I presumed that they had been \"borrowed.\" I also presumed that they had been borrowed from an easy part of the route so I continued. It's not easy!!!

Whoever took them off, please replace them.

Please don't do it again!

If had had peeled off and hurt myself I would be really pissed off and bad friends with you. My philosophy is life is that I rather have people pissed off at me than me at them. So you can infer that I would dream up something to really piss you off more than I would have been.

You would also have pissed of Margaret my wife too and you don't wanna do that! I know!

Postby nosmo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:11 pm

Speak to fanta :D hahahaha

Social Media

Return to “Database of Bolts & Anchors”