Montagu Pass bolts

Let everyone know about any suspect/dodgy/misplaced bolts to be renewed or avoided.
Lisa

Montagu Pass bolts

Postby Lisa » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:11 pm

Has anyone climbed at Montagu Pass, George, recently? Went to have a look today at the climbs above the road and some of the bolts look slightly discoloured but couldnt see any obvious corrosion. Not sure if I can trust them.

aviendha

Re: Montagu Pass bolts

Postby aviendha » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Climbed there last year about this time - as far as I can remember they were mostly fine - had fun there :)

Justin

Postby Justin » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Take a picture of the bolts next time and then we can make an initial assessment.
If they look really bad an inspection party can be sent out.
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

jeff

Postby jeff » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi Justin - I was out there with Lisse, most of them looked ok from the outside, apart from a few on the 'arete' that were slightly dis-coloured. Routes were apparently bolted in 2002. But heard some of the failed bolts showed no obvious external signs of problems?

Its quite a nice little crag, surprised not more climbing goes on there and i do think there is room for some development. What cost more or less is involved in re-bolting? Im guessing about 22 bolts plus / minus/

DamageINC

Postby DamageINC » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:54 pm

Was there 6 months ago - only did the 17 route and I cant remember seeing any serious corrosion.
Who Dares...Wins (SAS)
Jacques

Social Media

Return to “Database of Bolts & Anchors”