New routes, Lion's Head, free beer.

New Areas. New routes. Retrobolting. Add-ons. Re-grading. etc.
Q20

New routes, Lion's Head, free beer.

Post by Q20 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:03 pm

It started as early morning/evening sanity breaks on weekdays last summer. Lion's has easy access, is often protected from wind, has choice of sun/shade and good views. However there is also some pretty average, uninspiring, lichen infested stuff up there. You have been warned. So I have focused on the two single pitch areas I think offer the best rock on the sandstone. Most of them were done rope solo, or were cleaned on abseil (thanks to my lovely girlfriend for the belays!) so many haven't even been seconded. Which sort of brings me to the point of the post. The grades for the harder ones are a best guess, so when you get round to doing them, drop me a line if you think they need adjusting.

Have fun.

P.S. Case of beer for first person who onsights Mane Course. If I have resumed funemployment at the time, then it may need to be a six pack :drunken: . And if you downgrade it then deal is off :jocolor:
One life, one body. Use them well.

Lenny

Re: New routes, Lion's Head, free beer.

Post by Lenny » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 am

Howsit, I went tradding there this past weekend after seeing the line of cars on TM...The routes are great fun at Lion's and I will be back there soon (to also try Mane Course;). I just have a question, I linked the right roof rail at the top of Mean Eyed Cat and saw it wasn't posted in the Wiki guide...I have since tried to register to post on the Wiki guide, but with no response from Climb.za admin - does this take a while?

Justin

Post by Justin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi Lenny,
You have been added to the group - reason that you were not added sooner as I did not receive your email.
Enjoy :P
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:31 pm

Sweet, thanks, the route has been added;)