Climbing in the koepel (Bobbejaan krans)

New Areas. New routes. Retrobolting. Add-ons. Re-grading. etc.
afroman2

Climbing in the koepel (Bobbejaan krans)

Post by afroman2 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:11 pm

I would like to find out if any one has a route guide for this climbing area near Parys or any information on the routes grading or first ascents. If not who can we start developing a route guide with rating and grading with out stepping on any toes. The Potchefstroom climbing club is close to this small crag and would like to take responsibility of the development and documentation of it.

Marko

HermanL

Re: Climbing in the koepel (Bobbejaan krans)

Post by HermanL » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi Marko,

Ebert Nel and myself are planning a day for developing this place in January, it can do with some tender loving care.. There is a complete route guide and I am trying to get hold of it. Apart from that I know most of the routes there, and we will get it on the wiki after the development day. My e mail is Herman.lombard@yahoo.co.uk

The more people involved the better.

If you have questions feel free to ask.

Regards

Herman

Doussy

Post by Doussy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Awesome!

HermanL

Post by HermanL » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:50 pm

Marko,

I can send you a 'word document with all the route and access information I have also locations of bouldering spots. Tablela Thabeng management changed and they threw away the route guide so we will have to start from scratch. It would be nice to find one though. There are a few routes that are gonna need names.(Plenty to do) And when I say developing day I mean bolting a few new lines and maybe do some clearing, anyone is welcome and it would be nice to have Potch or Parys locals involved. So let me know if I can be of assistance. I would hate to be the troll under the bridge :)

Cheers!