Alpha farm Guide

Techniques for all kinds of climbing, Learn new moves. Share your training secrets, find out how other people are getting strong, and get motivated!
The Jimmy

Alpha farm Guide

Postby The Jimmy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:23 am

Anyone know if there is a guide for the alpha excelsior farm bouldering in the cederberg?Think is also called De Pakhuys bouldering area? Was there last week, there are some insanely brilliant problems and had a regular climber there to show me around, but would love to see a guide of the area if there is one

DBez

Postby DBez » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:48 am

Well...great to see you still interested in climbing . Mmm...about your rope , new rope rug ?

scottnoy

Postby scottnoy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:09 am

Michael Janata made a digital version of Klem's original guide for the De Pakhuys (PREVIOUSLY known as Alpha Farms) and left a copy at the De Pakhuys backpackers. Maybe ask Mark (the manager) when you get your permit for the day.

Last I heard, he was making an update that people would be able to downloaded from bouldering.co.za but who knows when it will be avaliable?

Hopefully my guide will contain all the new areas in Rocklands (including De Pakhuys) but as yet there is no real sharing of information. I have most of the important new sends so if it's missing a few arb lines it's no real loss I guess.

Return to “Climbing Techniques & Training”