Waterfront Crag

Ask. Answer. Discuss. Any bolting related issues.
Iain

Waterfront Crag

Postby Iain » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:44 am

Most of you know that the bolts at the Waterfront crag are a little suspect. :roll:

How does one get the necessary permission to replace the anchors? I'm asking this because I've dropped 5 mails to the good folk suggested by the CT section of the MCSA, all without response. These 5 mails have been spread over a period of 13 months!

The SANParks head honcho of the area will be at the MCSA Paarl/Wellington AGM in November. :idea: Will it be considdered uncool to approach him directly? :?
Inspiration exists, but it must find you working. – Pablo Picasso

Brent

Postby Brent » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:28 am

Hi
Your profile doesn't indicate who you are, but I don't recall getting any email on this subject from anyone.

Please drop me a line ex forum and I'll try find out something for you (brent@liver.uct.ac.za)

SANParks do not control that land. It's Cape Nature. I think the guy's name is Dion Rossouw, but I'm a bit rusty on the area. We can chat off forum, and decide on where to go, but in the past they've had no problem giving permission to *replace* dodgy anchors. They're happy that we want to improve safety of climbing on their land. We just have to clear it with them.

cheers
Brent

Scott

Postby Scott » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:37 am

Hey Im a fan of Waterfront crag but not fan of the rusty bolts. If you get permission to rebolt it Im in to help. Also there is room for an easy line there so may be worth asking to add on or two lines.

keep me posted if you need or want help scott@madrockclimbing.com

cool
Scott

Andy Davies

ARF

Postby Andy Davies » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:56 pm

The ARF bolts are available for this area as it appears to be very corrosive. However we don't want to waste bolts and precious time on an area with access issues so once someone has formalised access with Cape Nature we can spend a day replacing the bolts.

My email is firstname.surname@eskom.co.za - gotta keep the sickos and salespeople away :-)
AndyDavies

Q20

Postby Q20 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:14 pm

Good one Iain, the more proactivity the better! :D

I am on the helping hands front, so drop me a line when you need man-power. rjhalsey AT gmail DOT com.

cheers
One life, one body. Use them well.

Iain

Postby Iain » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:50 am

Thanks guys,

I'll get the ball rolling when I get back from Spain (hopefully with a Boreal import contract 8) )

We should have feedback from Deon Rossouw by the 20th of Nov.
Inspiration exists, but it must find you working. – Pablo Picasso

Return to “Bolting Questions & Guidelines”