Process for Bolting a new line at Paarl Rocks

Ask. Answer. Discuss. Any bolting related issues.
RockHopper

Process for Bolting a new line at Paarl Rocks

Postby RockHopper » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:18 pm

Does anyone know the process for bolting a new line @ Paarl? who do we make an application to to get permission etc.. I know the process for the rest of the regular area's such as Silvermine etc, under the parks board. Ithink Paarl Rocks falls under the local municipality?

I heard once that there was almost acess issues because of lots of shiny bolts that the visitors where seeing?

DBez

Postby DBez » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:45 pm

Check in The Paarl Rock Guide (done extremely good by S Noy) for info ...otherwise just run it out from ground up to the first bolt so that you can't see the \"shiny bolts\" ;)

Justin

Postby Justin » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:21 pm

Just be careful not to Retro bolt an existing Trad line (without the consulting the person who opened the route) :shock:
Best check Scotts guide and ask about
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

scottnoy

Postby scottnoy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:11 am

Hello Rockhopper,
Give me a email and we can make a plan.
-Scott
scottnoy@yahoo.com

Stu

Postby Stu » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:24 am

Just so everyone knows, the last time I spoke to the authorities at Paarl Rocks they were worried about the shiney bolts on the Parklife Wall as complaints had been made by non-climbers. They prefered that no new lines were bolted, and even asked to select several lines and remove the others!!!. This was not done and instead the bolts were painted. I have not spoken to them since so am unsure of the situation.

Return to “Bolting Questions & Guidelines”