Adding new anchor bolts.

Ask. Answer. Discuss. Any bolting related issues.
glenn

Adding new anchor bolts.

Postby glenn » Fri May 27, 2005 12:39 am

Hey there, my climbing pals and I found a couple new crags in Northwestern Ontario, and we are thinking about bolting some top anchors. We are thinking we should just add top anchor bolts, and not any face bolts. We want to try first ascent on top rope, then see which climbs would be suited to sport bolting. Anyone out there who has some exprience in setting up some climbs, your opinion would be very helpful. Also, anyone who might be a climber in Manitoba or Northwestern Ontario, leave a quick message. Thanks, Glenn.

South African

Wrong Continent

Postby South African » Fri May 27, 2005 10:32 am

We tend to all be from South Africa here, so you are unlikely to find any Canadians...

But maybe someone can give you some advice about bolting....

Justin

Postby Justin » Fri May 27, 2005 12:10 pm

Hi Glenn,

This is probably the most ideal way to bolt, you can estabish what is worth bolting and where you want to place your bolts on toprope (making the clips as effotrless as possible and safe).
I dont know if you have bolted before, if not take someone with you who has. There any many factors to bolting, its not as simple as drilling a hole and hammering a pin in (rock type, best type of steel for your area, etc.
Check out \"the good guide to bolting on\" http://www.geckogrips.co.za/

Cheers
Justin
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

Return to “Bolting Questions & Guidelines”