Anything worth climbing near Robertson/Boland

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!

Anything worth climbing near Robertson/Boland

Postby Thinker » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:15 pm

Dear all,

I'm looking into emmigrating to South Africa from Britain, somewhere in Western Cape and one possibility at present seems to be Robertson/Boland. Can anyone tell me whether there's any good climbing in the area? Seeing as a bit more time to indulge myself in falling off big rocks is one of my main motivations for this hare brained scheme an answer to this would seem like one of the first things I need to sort. Thanks in advance. :wink:

Postby greg » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:23 pm

Robertson is about 40min from Montagu the biggest sport climbing area in the Cape (some trad too!), There is a small cave near McGregor, 10mins drive, with a couple of hardish lines in it. And hey the Hex river mountains are about an hour from there with some serious multipitch routes to go at. Anywhere in the Cape is good for climbing, mountains everywhere! :D

Postby paddy1 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:08 pm

plus half an hour from a life time of bouldering at De Doorns

Postby paddy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:14 pm

40 minutes to Montague????? More likely 20 minutes

Postby Greg » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:32 am

Jah! 20 mins is probably closer to the real time, dam have to get out thjat way more often!! Lazy!! flog! flog! Climb more you lazy, :oops: talking to myself again (online?-weirdo!) Just pull in Bru the Capes bloody awesome!!!

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”