Quantcast
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:59 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Sorry!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:28 am 

I realise now that my original posting might of not been appropriate.

Last edited by Drifter on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:01 pm 

No it does no mean anything that is a crap rule that to many ppl live by there are to many variables to consider when something falls it is a rules of thum witch means that it is an asumption and as we all know asumoption is the ...............................................

i recomend to get ur old physics books out and have a look wiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:53 pm 

I was trying to high light how serious falling is by showing with what force you hit the ground.

My brother in law friend broke his back in the lake district in England while climbing. He only fell about +-2 meters.

Thanks for the feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:43 pm 

Hi Drifter

The force you exert on the ground with is equal to your mass times your acceleration, so for a 50kg lady she hits the ground with a force of 500 Newtons (acceleration due to gravity @ ~10m per second per second). The force SHE experinces is much greater if she hits the ground and stops instantly (as her deacceleration is virtually instantaneous). 50kg times a very large number. (I think this is right... :? )

On your second point: linking slings through one another is bad (because the friction may cause the sling to fail) but doesn't weaken the sing unless you use a knot (like a larks foot) to join them. Using a larks foot knot will weaken the sling by about 50%.

Hope this helps
Nic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:59 am 

Drifter wrote:
I heard a a nylon strap put through a nylon strap so that you have nylon touching nylon halves the strength of the nylon strap.

Hey Drifter,

If you connected your genes to another person's it would weaken the Gene Pool :evil:

You tell Guest that he has issues then in your next post you discuss what force a womans head must of hit a branch!!??....geez dude,she nearly died!!...dont worry you'll be ok, you have a very thick skull.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:14 pm 

I am sorry if I have offended anyone. If I have been insensitive I am sorry.

I hope the lady who fell 15 meters has a speedy and full recovery. My thoughts and prays are with her as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:59 pm 

<gasp> <cough> <splutter> <cough>

Watch out boys and girls, the fabric of space-time might just de-exist today (causing this silly universe to end).

DRIFTER FIGURED OUT HOW TO EDIT A POST!!

Dude, calm down - this wholesale adoption of good netizen practice nearly made me fall off my chair. I'm not sure, and I don't want to jinx it, but I suspect the big D has somehow, by nook (or by crook more likely) derived, extruded, somehow begotten - **A CLUE!**

WOOP!

See, even the worst of the worst are susceptible to training. You made my weekend man, thanks.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:53 pm 

nosmo wrote:

Watch out boys and girls, the fabric of space-time might just de-exist today (causing this silly universe to end).

DRIFTER FIGURED OUT HOW TO EDIT A POST!!

Dude, calm down - this wholesale adoption of good netizen practice nearly made me fall off my chair. I'm not sure, and I don't want to jinx it, but I suspect the big D has somehow, by nook (or by crook more likely) derived, extruded, somehow begotten - **A CLUE!**

WOOP!

See, even the worst of the worst are susceptible to training. You made my weekend man, thanks.

CLASSIC!! :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:05 pm 

nosmo wrote:

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Drifter is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

A slightly modified Douglas Adams Quote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:07 pm 

...and he climbs 42.