\"John Denver\" at Rocklands

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
Rob P

\"John Denver\" at Rocklands

Postby Rob P » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:41 pm

Does anyone know what this problem is graded? I can't find it in any online topos.

Cheer

R

scottnoy

Postby scottnoy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:46 pm

A classic 7a, at the Campground boulders

Guy

Postby Guy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm

Don't kid yourselves, it's very soft 6C+ if you use the correct topout sequence (LH in the bomber lock and reach RH to the top - don't wander off left and then back right again). But it is really good.
There's no point being pessimistic, because it probably won't work

green

Postby green » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:58 pm

we tried to find this problem while back, where abouts is it, mayb in relation to the tea pot boulder?
peace and yogurt

willpower

JD grading

Postby willpower » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:04 pm

O come on, soft 6c+? With modern rubber and heel technology, and with proper heel-hooking coaching one can bring old JD down to an easy 6b. Back in the day when there was still traces of CNC management and the wooden house was still open, we had to campus the start of the thing (we didn't know better) tearing our tendons to shreads on those opening crimps, that nowadays feel like bomber jugs, what with the modern heelhook and the wonders of technology, and o did I mention the wonders of technology and the postmodern heelhook that might even pop the grade down to a sustained and power endurancy 5+? Hell, we've been doing it drunk at night in humid weather. Hell, why not downgrade everything, what with modern technology and all. I mean, hell.

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”