Looking for old ropes

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
Post Reply
reconditerich
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:59 pm
Real Name: Richard

Looking for old ropes

Post by reconditerich » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi guys.
I'm volunteering with an animal rescue group called sidewalk specials and looking for anyone in Cape town area who might have old ropes that is no longer safe to climb with.
We run mass sterilization campaigns and do between 500 - 800 animals in a weekend. One of the biggest problems is a lack of leads to control the dogs.
Looking to cut up the rope to make some leads for the dogs.
Anyone keen to help ?

KaiPF
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:13 pm

Re: Looking for old ropes

Post by KaiPF » Wed May 01, 2019 9:17 pm

Hi there, I have a rope I'm happy to donate to your NGO. Can you give me more details?

reconditerich
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:59 pm
Real Name: Richard

Re: Looking for old ropes

Post by reconditerich » Wed May 01, 2019 9:21 pm

KaiPF wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:17 pm
Hi there, I have a rope I'm happy to donate to your NGO. Can you give me more details?
Thanks I'll pm you

User avatar
Nic Le Maitre
Posts: 1359
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:40 am
Real Name: Nic Le Maitre
Location: Harrismith

Re: Looking for old ropes

Post by Nic Le Maitre » Thu May 02, 2019 8:59 am

PM me your email address, I can put you in contact with the rescue guys who have retired rope they can donate
Happy climbing
Nic

reconditerich
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:59 pm
Real Name: Richard

Re: Looking for old ropes

Post by reconditerich » Thu May 02, 2019 9:50 am

Nic Le Maitre wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:59 am
PM me your email address, I can put you in contact with the rescue guys who have retired rope they can donate
Thanks NIC
That would be a huge help!

BrendanSterley
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 pm
Real Name: Brendan Sterley

Re: Looking for old ropes

Post by BrendanSterley » Fri May 03, 2019 9:37 am

Hi there,

CityROCK in Cape Town is happy to help you with a few ropes, we would love to assist.
Please pop me an email to brendan@cityrock.co.za and we can sort you out :)

I look forward to hearing from you,
Brendan

reconditerich
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:59 pm
Real Name: Richard

Re: Looking for old ropes

Post by reconditerich » Fri May 03, 2019 9:52 am

BrendanSterley wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:37 am
Hi there,

CityROCK in Cape Town is happy to help you with a few ropes, we would love to assist.
Please pop me an email to brendan@cityrock.co.za and we can sort you out :)

I look forward to hearing from you,
Brendan
Thanks you a million times for offering to assist CityRock!!!
I'll pop you guys a mail and get in touch!!!!

MalcolmG
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:13 pm
Real Name: Malcolm Gowans

Re: Looking for old ropes

Post by MalcolmG » Mon May 13, 2019 8:14 pm

Hi Richard

If you're still in need of some ropes I have a couple I'll gladly donate.

M

Post Reply