Classic climbs for a climb of your choice

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
NicoVenster

Re: Classic climbs for a climb of your choice

Post by NicoVenster » Mon May 21, 2018 8:45 am

Thanks everyone for posting so far, the thread's been up for just about 2 weeks and has just over 2 to go.

If you haven't posted yet and want to get in on the action please let us know which climb(s) are the ways straight to Heaven... or Valhalla :hapban

Merry Monday

RainbowDave

Post by RainbowDave » Mon May 21, 2018 2:49 pm

I think it has already been mentioned but I would suggest "The Gospel Express" an 18 Sport route at The Steeple in Montagu.
Also "Godchild" a very good 22 sport route at The Farm in Montagu and "Energy Crisis" Trad 20 at Wolfberg, Cederberg. Thanks Dave

NicoVenster

Post by NicoVenster » Tue May 22, 2018 8:29 am

Hi Dave, thanks for the post =)

keith james

Post by keith james » Thu May 24, 2018 7:48 am

They've been mentioned already on this thread, BUT VISUALLY (in terms of your project and as a lifelong tradder - who by definition then has an eye for a line and as well as how the dynamics of light and shade enhance that line contextualised by a climber on it) my choice would be Wolfberg in general but in particular ENERGY CRISIS (any of the routes on the prow), KNOBLESS ROBOT, and the adjoining GRAND GUL. These are cathedral-esque features when a climber is seen on them in the right light and from the right angle.

As a visual artist , you would appreciate that.

And if you saw a climber on FAME AND FASHION at (Hogsback), at the right time on a winter's day, you would chortle with joy!

NicoVenster

Post by NicoVenster » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:52 am

Hey everyone, last bump for the last couple days in case you want a custom rock painting ^_^

Any opinions, please shout out for the coolest sport/trad climb before Thursday 5pm. Winner will be announced Friday morning :hapban

Partyranger

Post by Partyranger » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:23 pm

I think High noon (21) is still one of favourite routes.
It’s a short little balancy route on the flying is fun crag at Boven.

meb

Post by meb » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Just sneaking in before the deadline :) Some of my favourites that haven't been mentioned yet (all sport):

- Stinky Cheese (18) and Le Pique-nique (21) - Oorlogs Kloof, Montagu
- Zucchini (19) and that 20 next to it - Kleinmond
- Goonie Goo-Goo (22); Oudtshoorn
- Coot Blaster (17), the Sting (19), Lazy Sunday (20), and Just Another Manic Monday (21) are all super!; Wolwerivier
- Fynhoud (19), Dynosmite (19), and Luna Lena (16) at Truitjieskraal
- I also always really enjoy Lakeside Pinnacle, even though all the routes are short and easy. It's just so pleasant!

Sweet!
Megan

NicoVenster

Post by NicoVenster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:24 am

Hi everyone, thank you very much for sharing your opinions and insights with me on this thread. You might not know it yet but is has been super helpful!

Just as a matter of evidence that you know the winner wan't picked in a shady manner here is a quick recording of how I selected the random winner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G831MBcj5TA

And the winner is Henk Grobler :hapban :hapban :thumleft:

Henk, I'll send you a pm and we can start chatting about the next stage in creating an awesome image for you.

For everyone else who posted on this thread, as an added bonus if you're interested in buying or having an image created (for yourself or a gift =) I'll offer you a 20% discount. I'll just need to know what size you want and I'll be able to send you a price :jocolor: You're welcome to whatsapp me on 0718nine61502

Happy Friday!