8c incentive

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
Grigri

8c incentive

Postby Grigri » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:10 am

:idea: Challenge to all hard climbers: I am offering to sponsor the bolts for the first confirmed all South African 8c sport route. I will also buy a bottle of decent whisky for the climber to celebrate his send with! I would also like to challenge all dealers and agents of climbing gear (local SA only) to match or better my offer. Lets get a nice fat prize together to give the guys incentive, if we get enough money in the kitty there can be a prize for the first SA female 8a+ send as well.

Conditions apply: The route must have been bolted after 1 January 2000 by a South African (or permanent resident) [the idea being to get people to bolt more hard lines]. The climber must also be SA (doesnt have to be the same person as the bolter). No distorted grades, the grade must be confirmed.

Derek Marshall

Postby Derek Marshall » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:25 pm

I have had my offer of full bolt sponsorship for hardest sport route, over 26, opened after 1 July 2004... opened at any crag in The ECape going for almost a year.

So far its cost me 6 bolts, 2 lower offs and 6 bolts. Almost one year later. Thats sort of piss poor. Your bolts are safe Greg. Very Very safe....its unfortunate.

I will match Gregs offer & add a bottle of rum for every confirmed 8C opened by anyone in SA.

Plus offer a brand new Hilti Drill, one battery & a charger for the first 9A opened in the Eastern Cape. It has to be confirmed.

Its such a pity that all these fantastic offers are so safe.

Derek Marshall

Postby Derek Marshall » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:26 pm

I have had my offer of full bolt sponsorship for hardest sport route, over 26, opened after 1 July 2004... opened at any crag in The ECape going for almost a year.

So far its cost me 6 bolts, 2 lower offs and 6 bolts. Almost one year later. Thats sort of piss poor. Your bolts are safe Greg. Very Very safe....its unfortunate.

I will match Gregs offer & add a bottle of rum for every confirmed 8C opened by anyone in SA.

Plus offer a brand new Hilti Drill, one battery & a charger for the first 9A opened in the Eastern Cape. It has to be confirmed.

Its such a pity that all these fantastic offers are so safe.

Aqua Man

Postby Aqua Man » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:17 pm

Oh, Yeah, and I offer my life as a slave to the first South African to climb 9A. And half my life to the first to climb 8C (the last half). Beat that!!

Grigri

Postby Grigri » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:18 pm

Well Im gonna approach people to put in money anyway, once theres a fat wad of cash up for grabs we'll see just how long it stays safe for. Perhaps this could build up to become an anual award for best ascent in a bunch of categories?

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”