trad guide to the western cape, and blouberg / magaliesberg

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
dunc101

trad guide to the western cape, and blouberg / magaliesberg

Postby dunc101 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:21 pm

Hi

I'm trying to find a trad guide to the western cape, specifically wolfberg, tafelberg and rocklands. Is anything still in print, or does anyone have a 2nd hand copy to get rid of?

Same question in respect of Blouberg / Magaliesberg - and if there's nothing for these areas, where is my best source of trad & sport route info?

thanks

Hawkman

Postby Hawkman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:21 pm

There's a guide called \"Cape Rock\" can't remember who wrote it, but it still in print. Can't help you with blouberg/magalies though, never climbeb up that way...
\"When you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you\". - Oom Nietzsche

Russell Warren

Postby Russell Warren » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:09 pm

Hi Dunc101

I bought the entire Magaliesberg trad and sport RD's from MCSA jhb section. I spoke to Uschi Magg. Very similar RD's can be downloaded from saclimb.co.za. The only difference I could see was that the jhb MCSA guides had a few sketches to help you orientate yourself in the gorges.

Regards

Russell Warren

Hector

Postby Hector » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 pm

Have a bit of patience with the Blouberg guide - I should (finally) have one up in a month or two. In the meantime, I can help out with any info or specific RD's

Russell Warren

Postby Russell Warren » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:23 pm

Hector can you drop me a mail at russellw@johnthompson.co.za please? I am planning to be in the Magalies area between christmas and new year and would like some advice please.

Regards

Russell

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”