New owners at De Bos

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
wravenant

New owners at De Bos

Postby wravenant » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:00 am

This might not be news to some, but I was at De Bos last weekend, chatting away with the owners as I always do when I stay there, when they told me that they sold and that they are actually moving the next day.

They were always very nice, friendly, and super accommodating, and I feel, in their way, promoting climbing.

Definitely the end of a era. I believe/hope the new owners will carry on where they left off.

jonomaloni

Re: New owners at De Bos

Postby jonomaloni » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi every one
Yes De Bos has new owners. Kingsley and Marlies have taken over the helm from my Mom and Dad who have been running the show for the past 4.5 years. Kingsley and Marlies are from Montagu and plan to do some very nice things to the amazing place that we all know as De Bos. I would like to thank everyone for their support over the last 12 - 13 years. De Bos was good to us as a family, but we needed to move on for different reasons. The fresh energy that Kingsley and Marlies bring is needed and I'm sure they can count on the support of the climbing community. The sale and eventual leaving of De Bos was not easy and has been a very emotional time for us all. As you know Regula, the kids and I have settled back in Switzerland. My Mom and Dad have moved back to Fish Hoek.
A new era begins.
Stuart

DeBos

Re: New owners at De Bos

Postby DeBos » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Thank you Stuart for the kind words,
We are certainly excited about our new beginning here at De Bos and hope to meet and chat with many - if not all of you. We are privileged to provide such a beautiful place to the climbing community and will continue to operate as the Brown Family did.
We look forward to meeting you soon!!

Kingsley and Marlies

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”