Skoorstenkop access

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
micky

Skoorstenkop access

Postby micky » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:20 pm

Yo! Anyone know what the deal is with skoorsteenkop. We called for the gate code but the people said it doesnt work anymore and that somehow climbers still gain access. Soooo how exactly? do we just climb the gate?

micky

Xenomorph

Re: Skoorstenkop access

Postby Xenomorph » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:35 pm

I will bring this up at the MCSA Rock sub com meeting tom eve,
Cheers
Cormac

mountainmailorder

Postby mountainmailorder » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:35 pm

The story is as follows:

According to the neighbours, the previous system of the combination locks wasn't working. Hout Bay WatchCon gave the code to everyone and anyone, and it never got changed. So there was trouble and the neighbours decided to put their own lock with key on it.
I spoke to the adjacent neighbour Johan and convinced him to give the combination lock another try. I have bought two new locks, now I just have to go there, remove the current locks and attach the new ones. I will do so in the next few days. Then you will have to email me or Rose at the MCSA to get the number combination (which will be changed).
Need to clear this with Rose first so don't bug her yet please.
- Robert

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:24 am

Great thanks, Do you need the angle grinder?
mountainmailorder wrote:The story is as follows:

According to the neighbours, the previous system of the combination locks wasn't working. Hout Bay WatchCon gave the code to everyone and anyone, and it never got changed. So there was trouble and the neighbours decided to put their own lock with key on it.
I spoke to the adjacent neighbour Johan and convinced him to give the combination lock another try. I have bought two new locks, now I just have to go there, remove the current locks and attach the new ones. I will do so in the next few days. Then you will have to email me or Rose at the MCSA to get the number combination (which will be changed).
Need to clear this with Rose first so don't bug her yet please.
- Robert

micky

Postby micky » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:47 am

great thanks for all the effort guys. We also managed to get hole of Johan and he'll be leaving us a key out for today to go climb. I'm guessing this means Robert wont need an angle grinder later this week.

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”