Climbers are pansies.

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
Mikemaldonaldo

Re: Climbers are pansies.

Post by Mikemaldonaldo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Ebert i think you’re climbing as soon as your poephol is knuiping gatjies in your onder broekie. A 20 on shrooms is way more intense than a 25 sober. Please take note, leave the shrooms for back at the camp. In my case a hammock and tarp right at the base away from the top knot, selfie stick, carrot shufflers.

Logic
My vriend you’re completely lost in all this metrosexual bs. Having ballhair means you can inevitably lift, push or pull harder than those with clam sprouts. If what i say is not true, why the hell dont woman race against men in the olympic 100m? But im sure youll still argue this cause you dont eat the carrots as much as you shuff them. How do you pick your carrots? Length or girth?

Logic

Post by Logic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:53 pm

@Mike, pretty useless and crude retort, only serving to back up my objection to the sexist nature permeating this post.

@Ockert, your statement referring to Mike as "menopausal" was chauvinistic and sexist, whether this fact was spotted from some perceived moral high ground is completely irrelevant.

@Ebert, I hope you are enjoying the DRC, it is such a lovely place, great for getting 9a strong...

Mikemaldonaldo

Post by Mikemaldonaldo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Ummm logic. Mr/Mrs politically correct. Why do woman not compete against men in olympics if we are all equal. Please do tell.

Mikemaldonaldo

Post by Mikemaldonaldo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Oh wow looky here Mnr Pringle. The inevitable. https://www.climbing.com/news/obituary- ... 1944-2018/

Pretty sure he had a good run at life. Now run along and tie a top knot, although i dont think it would look as intended with that curly bush of yours.
Last edited by Mikemaldonaldo on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Logic

Post by Logic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Okay Trump 2.0. Man strong woman weak.

Mikemaldonaldo

Post by Mikemaldonaldo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:15 pm

Fokkit logic who said woman are weak? Physically perhaps not as strong as men, but mentally, well now there is no comparison, i think woman win. But you still haven’t answered me regarding the olympics have you logic?

Seems like you dont have a lot of logic for someone who calls themselves logic. Pffft. Kak praat vir brownie points much?

Forket

Post by Forket » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Mikemaldonaldo wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:26 pm
Ebert i think you’re climbing as soon as your poephol is knuiping gatjies in your onder broekie. A 20 on shrooms is way more intense than a 25 sober. Please take note, leave the shrooms for back at the camp. In my case a hammock and tarp right at the base away from the top knot, selfie stick, carrot shufflers.
You should try stormwatch with a colorful rope in that state of mind :mrgreen: or night climbing your favorite Freak On :cyclops: but seriously I guess hiking can also be a jol when enlightened on dodgey fungus that gives you spuitpoep :lol:
Last edited by Forket on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forket

Post by Forket » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:30 pm

And don't worry about logic, he stopped having fun long ago. Can't argue with him, he is always right almost like me, but I always am:)
Attachments
20180216_223421.png
20180216_223421.png (221.04 KiB) Viewed 826 times

Mikemaldonaldo

Post by Mikemaldonaldo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Ebert i only dream of routes like stormwatch but i do pretend rude bushman is freak on. I give massive screams at the bottom section and then watch the carrot chompers disgust as i sniff my fingers at the rest.

Forket

Post by Forket » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Top knot?

Mikemaldonaldo

Post by Mikemaldonaldo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:55 pm

Ag man Ebert. Its this retarded hairstyle where blokes tie a fckn bun on top of their head like they are samurai living in the west.

Forket

Post by Forket » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:57 pm

Oh, we call them Boets ;) though you referring to knots above figure of eights

DavidWade

Post by DavidWade » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:19 pm

Mike, the personal attack is really not called for.

Mikemaldonaldo

Post by Mikemaldonaldo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:55 pm

Fair enough David. I am sorry and i apologise

DavidWade

Post by DavidWade » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Apology accepted

Forket

Post by Forket » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:35 pm

That's beautiful :thumleft:

Mikemaldonaldo

Post by Mikemaldonaldo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:22 pm

:lol: :lol:

Ag nee man Ebert
Was bit of a doos move on my part towards David. Besides i do appreciate the fact that Mnr Wade wears his kouse always. I really wouldnt mind, just once, to have a lead without it feeling like i have to rush up the wall in order to escape that vrot smell of of my climbing partners feet! It honestly smells like that pong that comes up as bubbles when you trap through lakeside’s vleilande. Maak ń man benoud. And so i again say sorry to David for the doos move.

Asb. André vrae jou ma vir nog mikota of whatever dit was jy laas gebruik het. Of kap ń kous..

Old Smelly

Post by Old Smelly » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 am

I worry about how rational Ebert seems...

Is it an imposter again?

I was agreeing with most of what he said...and some of what Logic said...time for me to go get help...

I get what the origins of the post are about - there have always been POSERS - they just change their methods in a generational way - smoking and drinking at the crag was what one generation of POSERS did, so if the next generation eat carrots and hang in hammocks who is to say they are posers? I get that Top Knots and Tattoo's may seem poser but these are all choices based on the image people have chosen. If that is not for you then ignore, stop whinging, laugh into your beer and go climb something. Climbing is basically a selfish self absorbed sport, so just withdraw into your bubble and carry on.

At least it is not a practice that places everyone at risk...that's worth worrying about...

Oh and don't pick on people with Mullets - you know that is looking for trouble, particularly if they come from the East Rand...
Really, its not that bad...I think it's my shoes...

ColinCrab

Post by ColinCrab » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:54 am

Mike - to provide some insight your original question. As a youngster I found eating and drinking whatever and getting wasted had no affect on my climbing and I could bounce back quickly from the edge of a porcelain bowl to the top of a route.

But by the time I reached 40, I realized that while eating whatever and getting wasted were still really enjoyable, the chains just seemed so far away. I had no option to change up my sustenance and be smarter in my approach to a days climbing if I had any chance of clipping the chains.

That mindset has now enabled me to still hit the chains at 60. Make no mistake I still enjoy junk food and getting wasted but then its an either or now if the days climbing is not to be a washout.

Having said that. The much underrated boskak is still great and carrots and cucumbers have better uses :)

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:33 pm

mike, Egbert, you guys, you take the funny out of kakfunny. :P

Mikemaldonaldo

Post by Mikemaldonaldo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Look guys I know I came across like a doos. But i guess im only upset at the fact that every crag i visit i notice, see and have even heard the disapproval of me liting up ń entjie and gulping a beer by the types of ouens ive mentioned.

Every time i feel like, using years of experience in hard labour (i swing hammers and massive shlogging spanners, some up to M65 for a living)(kak job. Ive got palms like your heels) together with skolie van anderkant die steenberg trein spoor maniere en giving you a good old pielie wapper. But i dont. Cause thats now really being a doos.

So please carrot chompers, health nuts, top knot tw@t$ and all the others who seem to think they’ll escape the inevitable visit from the boatman, dont be a doos and i wont be a doos.

Liz

Post by Liz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Climbing for the win! It takes all sorts - personally I love the mixed bag of personality types drawn to climbing. Be it the dope smokers, shroom lovers, music lovers, the vegan community, hippies, tatted guys, topknots, whatever. I say bring it on!! Surely we should all be united by our love for climbing (whatever the grade - Ebert ;) ) :afro:

XMod

Post by XMod » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 pm

Pansies??? No you've got it all wrong - It's Paisley, not pansy. I suppose you would need to be old enough to understand that the only diet that works is the time honoured Yosemite diet (a la Bridwell) of stamps washed down with a few drops of liquid and seasoned with a liberal sprinkling of fine herbs. I mean how else is one to fully appreciate nature? :drunken: :alien: :shock: :wink: :jocolor:
Last edited by XMod on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XMod

Post by XMod » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:26 pm

Oh and Warren Harding told me to pass on that its not Virgin Active that will get you up the wall but active virgins. And red wine. :hapban

Mikemaldonaldo

Post by Mikemaldonaldo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:47 pm

XMod wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:26 pm
Oh and Warren Harding told me to pass on that its not Virgin Active that will get you up the wall but active virgins. And red wine. :hapban
...and into the notebook of notable notes she goes.
Never have wiser words been posted on this furom... except for the red wine part.
Nee sies man XMod.
Wat sal jou ma sê. That stuff smells suur man, and it tastes worse than the smell.