Tradathon trash

For the posting and discussion of Access Issues and Closures for Areas around South Africa.
Hector

Tradathon trash

Post by Hector » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:50 am

I had an awesome time at the Tradathon last weekend - a huge thanks to RAM for organizing such a cool event, and to the MCSA for the land we climbed on.
Yesterday I was back in Mhlabatini and unfortunately there was a fair amount of trash lying around, including toilet paper, which we packed out. I'm sure climbers wouldn't knowingly jeopardise access by littering. But just to be sure the rule is: don't leave anything in the kloofs (or any other climbing venues). No plastic, no food, no eggshells, and no toilet paper. Human waste should be left (very) far from water sources and in a way that doesn't affect others - this is covered in great detail in other threads. Almost all our climbing depends on the goodwill of land-owners, and one incident can get it shut down for good.

Liz

Re: Tradathon trash

Post by Liz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:18 am

I was also wondering about the religious group that washed themselves and sang in the upper pools. Are they allowed to be there?