Blouberg

For the posting and discussion of Access Issues and Closures for Areas around South Africa.
Chalk

Blouberg

Postby Chalk » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:13 am

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1 ... 330C827404

does anybody have any further info on this?

iank

Re: Blouberg

Postby iank » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:56 am

The other party was Hector and Rushad, don't know who the injured guy is. Took a 20 meter factor two onto the stance on the second pitch of Last Moon..... Lucky bastard to be alive... Third time that Hector has been involved in a rescue on Blouberg, twice it was another party that screwed it up. So find out whether Hector is going to Blouberg and then make plans accordingly :wink: ..... Seems the guy will be ok, just very sore.....

Justin

Postby Justin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:57 pm

Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

Justin

Postby Justin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:58 pm

Regaining consciousness after surviving a 25m fall from a Limpopo mountain, Johannesburg mountaineer Andrew Hartmeier whispered to his climbing partners: "My wife is going to kill me."

Injured climber's wife is indeed his rock
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

Hector

Postby Hector » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:54 pm

Things always seem to go wrong somehow when I'm at Blouberg, but at least all three rescues have ended well. On the plus side, Rushad and I managed to open a long-standing project, Blue Moon, on the same trip. I'll post more details in the new year. As Ian said, Andy and his climbing partner Lester were actually very lucky. Andy factor two'ed and if the stance had not been bomber they both could have died.

With some experience I can say that this was the most impressive of the three rescues. S&R have obviously been training very hard - they were slick, professional, safe and confident. Big up to Rob and his team!

oOdball

Postby oOdball » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:05 am

Hector wrote:S&R have obviously been training very hard - they were slick, professional, safe and confident. Big up to Rob and his team!

Not too shabby for a bunch of volunteers..
You have an opinion, so do I. When these differ, please don't confuse your opinion with the truth, nothing is absolute.

Social Media

Return to “Access & Closures”