Does anyone know if radioactive crag is open?

For the posting and discussion of Access Issues and Closures for Areas around South Africa.
Abi

Does anyone know if radioactive crag is open?

Postby Abi » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:59 pm

Hi all

Just wondering if radioactive crag was still open the the general public i.e. not MCSA members...? How much is charge etc if open?

Thanks
:wink:

StuartH

Postby StuartH » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:34 am

Yes it does seem to be open. The bottom gate is closed but if you drive to the top of the road and take a right at the parabats. The access is not to bad.

Justin

Postby Justin » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:59 am

Until further notice all climbing at the Radioactive Crags at Pelindaba has been banned. Contact Robert Cromarty (082-445 6559) for further information.

http://climb.co.za/news_detail.asp?newsid=421
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

mr Chabalala

Postby mr Chabalala » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:24 am

Where is this radioactive crag, and any change regarding the access arrangements (or lack thereof)

nosmo

Postby nosmo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:20 am

Hey sir,

RadioActive was some nice climbing along the Crocodile river. Driving down Maibongwe (the artist formerly known as Hans Strijdom) Drive towards Harties, you'll see some rocky bits on the right around the river (a few kms before you get to the T-junction). The crag is somewhere around that area, on NECSA property.

Rory Lowther and Andrew Porter's little book Crags of Gauteng has directions and so forth. If you find out anything...thanks!

climbing4heaven

Any info yet re: access to radio active crag

Postby climbing4heaven » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:03 pm

Is there any new infor on access to radio active crag?

[quote] My grace is sufficient for you: for My power is made perfect in your weakness

Social Media

Return to “Access & Closures”