Strubens Security October 2016

For the posting and discussion of Access Issues and Closures for Areas around South Africa.
Gobsmacked

Strubens Security October 2016

Post by Gobsmacked » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:07 am

Notwithstanding all of our efforts to come up with a practical form of Security at Strubens Valley, the Johannesburg MCSA has at this point in time not been able to replace the previous security guard that was posted in the parking lot below Strubens climbing area.

I have engaged with the community forum LIFCO and with the various Security companies in the area to try and come up with a practical way of posting a guard there at weekends but the costs are fairly high and thus unsustainable for the MCSA. We will continue to look for a solution.

In the meantime however, DO NOT PARK AT STRUBENS (unless you are willing to guard your own cars). In three weeks Three cars have been stolen and numerous others broken into. Obviously these thieves do not think that we will act against them and they are wrong, but until such time as I can come up with a good plan don't become a victim!

Please spread the word.

Grant Rens MCSA JHB Chairman

Dragon

Re: Strubens Security October 2016

Post by Dragon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:59 am

Park there..... but wait in the bushes to ambush the thieves!

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:00 pm

I joke - but also wish I could pull it off.

Gobsmacked

Post by Gobsmacked » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi

The Johannesburg MCSA will be putting a guard in place this coming weekend. This will follow the former model - we will pay the guard a nominal fee and then he will charge those who park there R20 per car. Naturally he will only be inclined to continue if he receives support from those who park there. This should be the deterrent required to keep the cars safe, as it did before.

Grant Rens
MCSA Chairman

Gobsmacked

Post by Gobsmacked » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi Guys unfortunately NO SECURITY this weekend!

We are working on it.

MCSA JHB