Page 1 of 1
What to do?
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:33 pm
Hi there guys,
gonna keep it short and simple!! I've been wanting to do rock climbing since forever...so now that I'm finally doing my own thing...how do I start??
Cheers for now!!
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:48 pm
1. Whereabouts do you live?
2. Are you only wanting to get out on rock on weekends, or would you like to meet up with other climbers and train at a climbing gym in the week as well? If the latter, which days in the week can you train?
3. You need to be able to do at least 15 pullups if you want to start climbing. How many pullups can you do now?
4. Point nr 3 is just a joke,hehe.
what to do?
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:10 pm
thanx for getting back to me...
2. Weekends and training (Mondays -for now!-)
4. Regarding point nr 3: nothing like a good sense of humour!
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:31 pm
Sent you a pm. Hope it helps!
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:35 am
Drop me a line. personaltax at xsinet.co.za or 0828772556
We have a friendly group of about 20 climbers ranging from absolute beginners to around grade 23.
Up and coming events include a sportclimbing workshop and a trip to Montagu over the youth day long weekend.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:24 am
The best way to get started is through a climbing gym, and you have 2 climbing gyms close by!! Either go to CityRock in CT or Perfect Wall in Stellenbosch. There you can get connected with other climbers and learn the ropes.
Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:16 am
I already booked my intro course for monday at city rock!
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:12 am
i'm also keen to join a climbing group, Anne if you are looking for a partner after your course let me know as i'm also trying to find somoeone to practice with on a regular basis.