Beginner

If you are a beginner climber and want to ask other climbers any questions - then this is the place to ask.
Wari

Beginner

Post by Wari » Thu May 26, 2016 9:47 am

Hi Everyone

I wish to be part of the climbing community, I have no experience at all looking to do a beginners course and then where could one train or gain experience along the way to be a successful climber or mountaineer ? Don't really know where to start or to go have been online searching for groups or clubs but haven't come across any I'm situated in JHB

Thank you in advance

mokganjetsi

Re: Beginner

Post by mokganjetsi » Thu May 26, 2016 10:33 am

good place to start:
http://cityrock.co.za/johannesburg/

you'll meet some other climbers there

DiabolicDassie

Post by DiabolicDassie » Thu May 26, 2016 6:07 pm

Hey Warren

If you are in the mood to experience rock climbing in a beautiful setting and want to get a weekend away close to home give the friendly folk at Roc 'n Rope Adventures(www.rocrope.com) in Waterval Boven a shout. They present a good Intro course in a top area.

Cheers

Jan

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Fri May 27, 2016 7:03 am

Hi Warren

MCSA are running a weekend orientation for begginer climbers at Waterval Boven next weekend. or you welcome to jump a rope with us at city rock :thumright
Fear - Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything And Rise. Your choice

Hippolyta

Post by Hippolyta » Sun May 29, 2016 12:19 am

Hi Warren

The MCSA run their orientation sessions on a monthly basis and will be able to lend you the gear you need. Orientation is great for learning the basics of outdoor climbing in a no pressure situation. You'll also get to meet new people in a similar position.

Like Pyro said the next meet is the weekend at Boven on 4-5 June and the following one is at Northcliff on 10 July. Stop by at city rock and meet us. I'm normally there on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and the MCSA does intro talks every Wednesday.

Deanne