Looking for climbing partner - Cape Town

If you are a beginner climber and want to ask other climbers any questions - then this is the place to ask.
goosecpt

Looking for climbing partner - Cape Town

Postby goosecpt » Mon May 26, 2014 12:54 am

Hi All,

Am relatively new to climbing and being enthusiastic and wanting to develop it further am now looking for a climbing partner who may be newish to the sport and is wanting to get in more time (lead / top-rope). Would ideally like to be climbing 2-4 times / week at City Rock Cape Town and then in time plan climbing weekends around the western cape once more proficient. Looking for a committed partner.

Anyone interested, please email me at marc.c.clayton@gmail.com

Thank you.

Marc

goosecpt

Re: Looking for climbing partner - Cape Town

Postby goosecpt » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:03 pm

Anyone interested? :shock:

mokganjetsi

Re: Looking for climbing partner - Cape Town

Postby mokganjetsi » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:10 am

hey marc
i know some people want a dedicated (climbing) partner, but you will likely not meet that person on the internet. or we can start a "chalker" app to browse climbing singles... :idea:

some ideas to connect with guys:
go to city rock and start talking to peeps - in my experience most climbers are keen to connect with others.
there are a few mailing lists and whatsapp groups around; once you're "in" you'll be able to find a partner more often than not
some guys just pitch up at popular crags and ask around for a belay - not everybody's cup of tea but could work...

Social Media

Return to “Beginners Corner”